Salento, Colombia is located in the Eje Cafetero Region of Colombia and attracts visitors for one main reason.
The Famous Cocora Valley
The Cocora Valley is home to the tallest trees in the world, the wax palm trees which is also the national tree of Colombia and where the national bird of Colombia lives.
How to get to the Cocora Valley; Audio
audio by my friend and tour guide, Yuber.
- Go to the plaza / sqaure of Salento
- Take the Jeep to Cocora Valley $3800
- Arrive at Cocora Valley and pay $2000 entry fee
- Hike up to the hummingbird house $5000 and they give you a drink
- Hike back down and take the right trail to the Finca, then back down
- Take the Jeep back to Salento $3800
p.s. The hike is incredible muddy and slippery. There are many bridges, stones, stairs and logs that you must cross. I hiked this entire trail in SLIPPERS because I lost my trainers on the bus to Salento. Please, do not do what I did. I had to hike with a huge stick I found because I was constantly slipping. Wear proper shoes
Photo’s of the Cocora Valley, Salento
The Cocora Valley
Expect To Cross Several Bridges Along The Way